Think of me as A-leash in Wonderland.



Them


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



A voice a thousand miles away,
A face my eyes have never felt,
A bosom I have never warmed,
A dream that have never dreamt.

Do I dare seek rescue,
In a nameless faceless voice,
Do I dare melt into that distant light,
Do I let them make my choice?

A crowd is a lonely place, they say,
But my solitude is a virtue,
I'll wait to see it their way,
But maybe they lied and it isnt true.


I will persist! I must.
Breath is all I have left to save,
Lest I be forgotten,
They only remember the brave.


8 Responses to “Them”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    nice poem!

    even I updated my blog ...it contains something that I didn't dare to tell you :|

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I do not know the context but still ...

    the crowd has a fleeting memory
    the brave are laid to rest in peace before sunset
    forget the faces, forget the names
    if dont want to forget yourself

    Nice poem BTW....
    and then again something reminds me of :-

    When you're a little kid you're a bit of everything; Scientist, Philosopher, Artist. Sometimes it seems like growing up is giving these things up one at a time - Wonder Years

    rohit

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    @rohit

    well yes, thats the problem isnt it... it starts with the fact that "they" dont exist in my world. And I dont exist in "their" world. But somehow we influence each other, in fleeting moments...

    It makes more sense if u replace "world" by "memory"... without loss" of generality" as we engineers put it...

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Absolutely brilliant. Words fail me in my feeble attempts to say how much I liked this one...

    I do of course, normally like to quote a line or two that stand out, but on this occasion, I believe that CCPing the entire piece would be an exercise in replication and would accomplish little if anything of substance.

    Keep 'em flowing mademoiselle. As a wise man once proclaimed, "A thing of beauty is a joy forever".

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    On a slightly different note, when speaking of them, there was something I once wrote. Feeble attempt, but everyone has illusions of grandeur ;-)

    Rafts may leave with dreams of stars,
    Every wake just a metaphor for a scar,
    Would you will to drop the cross?
    Or stay inside with tears to hide…

    The nomad’s tied to his wandering ways,
    And I to mists of fear and rage,
    Are your clouds real or just awaiting rain?
    Just close your eyes and there’s no cage...

  6. Anonymous Anonymous 

    If you wouldn't have explained this one in the poem, I would have had a tough time connect the first two and the last two. Nice piece of work :). Been waiting long enough to decipher because blogger's blocked and only today I could read the comments. :)

  7. Anonymous Anonymous 

    this is heavy stuff.

  8. Anonymous Anonymous 

    loved the last stanza!

    keep THEM comin'..

Would you like to say something?


Please note that comments on this weblog are moderated. Therefore they will not show up on the blog till I say so. DONT PANIC. I will not discriminate on content. Just, make sure it has a U rating :). Anonymous or near-anonymous comments are unacceptable.

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Monthly Archives

People & Links


Good ol' ATOM
I am nerdier than 99% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!