Think of me as A-leash in Wonderland.



Delhi nice, weatherwise?


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I was sitting at home, as usual on the computer. It was my mini-vacation away from college. The kind of vacation where you fly home for a couple of days, eat some good food for a bit, walk around the city for a bit and give a couple of B-school GDPIs while you are at it.

So anyway, here I am, looking to while away a boring evening when absolutely nothings happening...when suddenly... CRASH-BANG-BOOM. Out of the blue, there is thunder, lightening and blinding(yes, blinding!) rain, to say nothing of the grape-sized hail stones pelting down. Ah nature! How wonderful to see the winds nearly breaking the backs of trees ( I said "nearly"), when the sky had been cloudless a minute ago. Talk about flash storms.

The next day was out of this world. Clean, and green.
How lovely. Sigh, Its springtime anyway, and all the trees and flowers along central/south Delhi's avenues are in full bloom. People passing through Delhi at times like these could mistake it for a gentle, peaceful, enchanting garden spread over tens of kilometers.

Speaking of garden, out came my camera and I immediately ran outside for some pretty pictures. The ones shown here were taken in central delhi, in and around Nehru Park, Chanakyapuri. Alas, i did not have time, I would have gone to Lodhi Gardens otherwise. I had a train to catch. The pictures came out nicely though. I put some of them in a photobucket strip here. A memorable day in the end. Delhi does not see many days where one would go outside because of the weather, be it summer, winter or monsoon .

Edit: Prasoon's comment refers to the date stamp on the pics... wont happen again, prasoon. I have now worked out a watermark to be used henceforth :)


2 Responses to “Delhi nice, weatherwise?”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    the 'filtered sky' pic is awesome but why the crop - doesn't suit.. others are good too..

    more so over - switch off that date imprint - thats the worst thing on a digital photograph..

    n yes, ur update on rain is late - i read this [http://knownturf.blogspot.com/2006/03/rimjhim-rimjhim.html] n twas a nicer way i guess.. check out :) - but yes, i never knew of hailstones.. i din know that u are a nature freak !

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    crop couldnt be helped :( the damn tree was too low...

    and date imprint is there till i work out a functional watermark... bad excuse, i know, but well, there it is :)

    I remove it soon though.

Would you like to say something?


Please note that comments on this weblog are moderated. Therefore they will not show up on the blog till I say so. DONT PANIC. I will not discriminate on content. Just, make sure it has a U rating :). Anonymous or near-anonymous comments are unacceptable.

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Monthly Archives

People & Links


Good ol' ATOM
I am nerdier than 99% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!