Think of me as A-leash in Wonderland.



Another life begins...


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Sigh. You know the feeling. Suddenly your time's up. You have to pack your bags, leave your friends, family and everything and rush off to a new and strange place, with new and strange people, and begin a new and stange life. Is there a phrase to describe this? Shattered complacency? Swallowed pride? Curtailed dreams? Whatever, this was my choice... and its not painless.

Been in IIML for more than a week now... They call it hell affectionately, and I'm afraid, rather appropriately. Had a fair amount of work so far, with no indications of relent. Its downhill from here I guess, for a couple of years at least. (Damn, I miss my college...)

Made some friends, but haven't had the chance to open up yet, and a person like me gets really uncomfortable with that. Met some very interesting people and some wannabe interesting ones... I guess that's the same everywhere. Campus is very pretty and frighteningly overgrown, I should add. Its so green that your eyes hurt after a while. Some of the wildlife here is not for the faint of heart. Lets put it this way - I Have at least 20 itchy oozy red bug bites on me right now, and thats not even the worst side of it.

I liked the mess food ( i can already feel myself getting heavier) ...mmmmm... I'm such a foodie :-) and i LOVED the library. Now, this might have been a leetle facilitated by my love for libraries in general, but seriously, the library kicks some serious ass. I'm already at home in that wonderful building... I cannot explain this, I just like the smell of books. It's somewhat comforting... a familiar place in this sea of unfamiliarity. The place is perfect for long cool walks, another thing thats keeping me together.

More later... got to read an unfunny number of pages.


13 Responses to “Another life begins...”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    nice post...Amalgamates IIML and your interests perfectly!
    Now plz post on life@IIML :D
    nahi toh....maverick ban karega :P

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Library kicks ASS ?
    ok ! That's new.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    hehe.. libraries hv always had dual use. :P
    good 2 know dat food is good.. will keep u on da treadmill :D
    am i the only one doing mba wid nuthin 2 read? y is every1 talkin abt readings?? did i miss somethin? ;)

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    andy, u cant hide behind that ceremonious number... mav cant reach here... he's too busy doing nothing :)

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Keep moving.

  6. Anonymous Anonymous 

    hehe..you ve caught me red handed!
    It's high time that I should start blogging ..The blogname I am thinking will be what DG refers to I-bankers as!

    finchaprasi.blogspot.com

  7. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Those 4 hours contained Tea Time + Gym worth 1.5 hours!
    hehe..Gym was result of having bodybuilder himanshu sareen as my study partner!He has come up with gymming schedule for me :D
    ANyway tune Exphori ko kya scrap likha mere baare mein
    :(
    SHould I scan the rangoli in your Fin Acc book, chapter 1 and mail him? :p

  8. Anonymous Anonymous 

    So the reel is rolling alrdy...

    I still hv time n readin all ur xprncs, i am a lil flustered 2 tk da first step into my b-scl!

  9. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Two subtle observations and of course associated and inevitable comments:-

    1) library kicks ass : no doubt
    2) loved the food : *already feeling dizzy* ... talk to me after 2 months

  10. Anonymous Anonymous 

    arrrrrrrrrggh

    can i see some names, ppl?

  11. Anonymous Anonymous 

    hey 4-hour study-robot...my blog updated...And btw when will you stop defaming me?aaj wapas mess mein :|

  12. Anonymous Anonymous 

    and how's the other bumkin "ManuGarg" remember.....and hey keep writing.

  13. Anonymous Anonymous 

    If anyone requires a witness for your love of libraries, tell me, I'll vouch for it.

Would you like to say something?


Please note that comments on this weblog are moderated. Therefore they will not show up on the blog till I say so. DONT PANIC. I will not discriminate on content. Just, make sure it has a U rating :). Anonymous or near-anonymous comments are unacceptable.

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Monthly Archives

People & Links


Good ol' ATOM
I am nerdier than 99% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!