Think of me as A-leash in Wonderland.



Last vacation in college :(


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Sigh. College is ending. Looking back a flood of emotions come forth. There were moments of joy, sadness, anxiety, fear, nausea, mirth, expectation, glee, procrastination, togetherness, loneliness, homesickness, collegesickness....

Tomorrow is the last day of the last vacation of these four years I will always remember as my coccoon. Why coccoon? Well, beacuse to me, its a near perfect analogy. I was someone before I came to this place. I spent time here, learning and changing. Now that I am leaving it behind, I will miss its protection. Warm and cosy memories of this place will linger for a long time till the tides of time will wash away those etchings from my mind. Alas! My coccoon has given way! I am drying my wings... and will fly away soon, never to return. You get the connection, si?

The vacations were hardly eventful. I spent the week I had on campus, whereas most of the people around had gone home. Things were not so bad, though, I had my roommate and her mother for company. We saw a few movies, ate out a couple of times, and did a teeny bit of shopping. I was trying to read some stuff as well, since one last interview is pending still. Not a planned vacation obviously :(

Today was spent chasing hospital staff for my pre-employment medical checkup for my company. Even there, nothing interesting happened! Every blood count, xray, and sonography was normal... I must have bored the doctors to death. Well at least I know my lungs are clear, my haemoglobin is great, my ...eww, forget it. Im trying to feel richer for the knowledge, it isnt happening.

So what do I do tomorrow that will turn this vacation around and make it the most swinging, rocking, hep and hip vacation I ever took? Zilch. Its going to be a quiet end to a quiet week. But I have a feeling I will remember these days...


8 Responses to “Last vacation in college :(”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    shit! I didn't even realize that it is my last vacation in college..it was just another vacation for me where I consciously tried to find out something worth doing. These days I'm writing a lot mostly about last four years. May be I'll publish the 'public' version on my blog :D

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Very touching... I feel terribly nostalgic at the thought of leaving college.
    I was someone before I came to this place. I spent time here, learning and changing. Now that I am leaving it behind, I will miss its protection. Warm and cosy memories of this place will linger for a long time till the tides of time will wash away those etchings from my mind.
    These lines so perfectly explain my position here, too!
    This is a great place, indeed!

    n yeah, the warning u put made me write my name :P or else I wud hv put in da gud old topphodu! or does tht sound more obvious? :P

    All The Best!

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    @naresh arre! college nicknames are fine, yaar! the issue arises when someone plays guessing games which are obviously unfit for a blog :P

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    i am going thru the same phase here riddhi..and can relate to the feeling so totally...! it sucks tht life gives u a memory sharp enough to remember everything and a brain hard enough to help you move on....

    or maybe that is the best part about life...

    enjoy your last moments...!

    ~a

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    hola mademoiselle!!!

    bonjour!

    and if you're expecting more french from me than that then you're a ***** (dunno what it's called in french :P)

  6. Anonymous Anonymous 

    You will.. you will mate.. you will..

  7. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Can connect. Been there. Felt that. Can proffer one thought though: What hurts more is the realisation that maybe something more could have been done, someplace else could have been checked out, someother person could have been met up, etc, etc...
    Anyways, I guess I am just echoing common knowledge!
    Still, Carpe Diem!

    P.S. - Really wanna know how you jazzed up the HTML though!

  8. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Oops, I guess I misspelt my URL.

Would you like to say something?


Please note that comments on this weblog are moderated. Therefore they will not show up on the blog till I say so. DONT PANIC. I will not discriminate on content. Just, make sure it has a U rating :). Anonymous or near-anonymous comments are unacceptable.

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Monthly Archives

People & Links


Good ol' ATOM
I am nerdier than 99% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!