Think of me as A-leash in Wonderland.



The Lucknow Chronicles II


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Cool evening breeze flowing into the room. Ozzy's "Goodbye to Romance" playing in the background... Sigh! how I love that song. Then the electricity does a number on me. So a circumstancial step into the balcony leads me to this:






First thought: God has photoshopped the sky. Second thought : Shut up, you silly girl... if you were meant to understand it, you would have... just submit to this. So I stand here, humbled and defeated. If there was a heaven this is it, isnt it? No ords to describe it. No ode to immortalise it. The music is here and it is now... see it, hear it, feel it.....cut to Scene Two.

Scene Two:

Life at hell is , well, hellish. No sleep AT ALL last night, for some odd reason. Felt the pinch in the first class - economics. A little sad about that, because I happen to like it. Accounting is, another story, though. But the Professor is "inspiring" enough to keep us awake. The others classes, well, "happened". So can I sleep now, thank you very much? Oh no, sweetheart, you have got to wake up to give a five minute quiz. Now who sung that song, "There aint no justice in the world..."? Real smart guy, he was.

Decided to stick to my room for the rest of the day(quite unlike me, the gregarious soul that I am). My faith in the cosmos was almost re-estabished when a caring next door mate brought food from the mess without being asked. Ah, where would we be without friends. And then the sky... and somehow, all is right with the world... now what was that song again?


13 Responses to “The Lucknow Chronicles II”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    did you say you stayed at room - ah !! - people would've waited for you at the library :P
    very lovely pics - i'm all envious now seeing those colors - you didn't photoshop those na for sure???
    anyways, did you forget that the heaven on earth is 'kashmir' - i didnt expect YOU to forget that :) - keep clicking nevertheless - i'd love to see more of hell/'heaven' as you exemplify it.. he he

    did i hear economics - i remember ridz being one studious person in all courses like IBF n likes by Mr. Suchak n Varsheney - sad therz no "Jain" there :D

  2. Anonymous Anonymous 

    no photoshopping , dead honest, sir!!!
    A code of honour i learnt from you :)

    Some weird affect with the clouds on the horizon... thank god the light went, or i would have missed it.

  3. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Sometimes you need to employ suspension of disbelief to truth too :D The skies always play their tricks :)

    And classes, I don't have the right to comment on topics out of my domain.

  4. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Awesome work. The pics are simply beautiful. never knew, even Lucknow could provide such beauty.

    Life is Hell everywhere. But whatever, I like the pressure, the sleeplessness. It gives me a sense that I am working to the best of my abilities. However, indeed, I feel disgusted on days when I feel that I have gotten into a rot and with all this academic load, the little ingenuity and creativity that was left in me would also be taken away from me. But still, I am enjoying this experience.

    ps: it is 2:30 AM and looks like it is going to be a night out due to a presentation that we have tomorrow ( i mean today )

    Anyway, good luck.

  5. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Awesome... I never knew such beauty existed in our campus... err...I am talking about the pics.
    and inspiring profs always make learning MANAC so much of fun ;)

    rohit

  6. Anonymous Anonymous 

    CAn i have alook at your Cam sometime. Loved your Pics !!

  7. Anonymous Anonymous 

    great going. moi has become a fan of your photography.
    keep them coming.

  8. Anonymous Anonymous 

    gr8 pics!!!

  9. Anonymous Anonymous 

    blog updated after a while... :)
    do you have any plans to do so?

  10. Anonymous Anonymous 

    And still the A masses wait on...

  11. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Damn...you make me miss Lucknow...ab samajh mein aaya, why Oudh ki shaam has inspired many a poets..

  12. Anonymous Anonymous 

    I happened to come across your blog n I m glad ...these pics r great, I didnt know we had such wonderful sites here...awesome pics:)

  13. Anonymous Anonymous 

    Hi,

    Great pics indeed.

Would you like to say something?


Please note that comments on this weblog are moderated. Therefore they will not show up on the blog till I say so. DONT PANIC. I will not discriminate on content. Just, make sure it has a U rating :). Anonymous or near-anonymous comments are unacceptable.

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Monthly Archives

People & Links


Good ol' ATOM
I am nerdier than 99% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!